During the IDEALiStiC Conference from May 31 to June 4, 2018 in Zürich, student unions from TU Delft, RWTH Aachen, Politecnico di Milano and ETH Zürich talked about “student participation”. We had seven interactive workshops, presentations about ongoing projects from each student union, and interesting talks.
During the conference the following workshops took place
- Horizontal Decision Making: decision making within student organisations, useful concepts for decision making
- Mini-Workshop IT: comparison of IT structures within the unions, smart IT solution development
- Structural discussion: democratic legitimation of student unions, involvement in university decisions and student life
- International students: representation of international students, problems faced during their stay abroad
- IDEALeague Joint Degrees: Possible concepts for joint degrees within IDEALeague were created and presented to the other groups. The output will be published in our report.
- Communication: best practises for internal and external communication
- Lectures and lecturers: establishment of new lectures and the election of new lecturers
During the general assembly the following decisions have been made:
- The IDEALiStiC supports AStA RWTH Aachen concerning the new law of education in NRW.
- The IDEALiStiC supports VSETH concerning the planned raise of tuition fees, which will be decided in July, 2018.
- The IDEALiStiC disapproves the decision of IDEALeague to limit the representing students of each university to two people.
- The IDEALiStiC improves internal communication and organises itself for better transfer of knowledge. (file storing, etc.)
- Zurich will prepare the two conference report version based on the posters made during the workshop phases.
- Bibiana Prinoth (ETH Zürich) was elected PR-Manager by all present university representatives (Aachen, Delft, Milan, Zürich). Sweden was absent.
The IDEALiStiC thanks Markus Scheller for his support and contribution as PR-Manager.
The next IDEALiStiC conference will take place in Delft in November.